We pay up to $1.50 per referred acre. If you’re a consulting forester, we’ll also pay you to complete any required field work. Please see our complete policy below.
Forest Carbon Works values the relationship-building opportunities brought to us by our landowner and forester networks. We will recognize this value according to the following referral policy:
- A Referral Payment can be earned by referring landowners to Forest Carbon Works; certain conditions apply.
- A landowner that has been referred to Forest Carbon Must must satisfy the following conditions:
- The landowner has entered into a Membership Services Agreement with Forest Carbon Work; and
- The fully executed Membership Services Agreement contains the name of the Referrer in Section 6.2(a).
- Where Project Acreage is less than 1,500 acres, the Referral Payment is the product of $1 multiplied by the Project Acreage as determined pursuant to the audit process set forth in Section 5.3 of the Membership Services Agreement.
- Where Project Acreage is at least 1,500 acres, the Referral Payment is the product of $1.50 multiplied by the Project Acreage as determined pursuant to the audit process set forth in Section 5.3 of the Membership Services Agreement
- The Referral Payment is made to the Referrer upon Final Registration.
- Final Registration means approval of the first Offset Project Data Report (OPDR) by the Air Resources Board where Forest Carbon Works, PBC, is listed as the Authorized Project Designee (APD).
- The Referral Payment is made to a single Referrer; multiple Referrers are prohibited.
- For the Referrer who is a qualified forester, as determined in the sole discretion of Forest Carbon Works, the Referrer will be given the first opportunity to complete any forest inventory work that may be required in performance of the related Membership Services Agreement, according to the inventory methodology that shall be prescribed by Forest Carbon Works.
- For the Referrer who is a member, the referral payment is made to the Referrer automatically within sixty days of Final Registration, distinct from annual membership payments.
- For the Referrer who is not a member, the Referrer must request the Referral Payment within sixty days of Final Registration.
- Forest Carbon Works will not provide notice of Final Registration to the Referrer.
- Where the name of the Referrer is absent from Section 6.2(a) of the Membership Services Agreement, no Referral Payments shall be made.
This policy may change from time to time, at the sole discretion of Forest Carbon Works, PBC, and without notice; where landowners have been referred to Forest Carbon Works, we will honor the policy that was in place at the time of Membership Services Agreement.
LAST UPDATED: November 15, 2021