Forest Carbon Works members planning to harvest first obtain Forest Stewardship CouncilⓇ (FSCⓇ) (FSCⓇ C180518) certification. Members not planning to harvest do not require certification. FSCⓇ certification signals to the market that harvest activities within our program adhere to rigorous stewardship and sustainability criteria which helps ensure we can pay members premium prices. The resources on this page highlight the criteria to which harvests must adhere. Forest Carbon Works covers all certification costs for members and ensures harvests are compliant.
Questions related to the resources below? Contact your Forest Carbon Works representative or contact us at one of the methods below:
Phone: 1 (800) 399-5246
FSC General Information
- FCW Group Member Responsibilities
- FCW Chain of Custody Policy
- Annual FSC Monitoring and Reporting Form*
*Forest Carbon Works staff will assist members to meet all responsibilities, including making amendments to existing management plans and assisting with the annual monitoring form.
Planning an FSC Certified Harvest
Harvests must be pre-approved by Forest Carbon Works and conducted in compliance with FSC guidelines.
- Pre-harvest Checklist
- Post-harvest Form
- Harvest Best Management Practices (BMP) Form
- Timber Harvest Volume Report
- Example Forest Management Plan (FMP)
- Family Forest High Conservation Value Worksheet
- Family Forest Forest Management Procedures (F-1 and F-2)
- Removal from Group Form
Pesticide and Herbicide Use
Please note some highly hazardous pesticides are not permitted under our certifications. See the items below to learn more.